From the same developers that created the Arma series, Bohemia Interactive will be launching their newest tactical shooter, ‘Iron Front Liberation 1944’, later this month.
The game uses the Arma II engine and technology, but will take place in the heat of WWII. Players will have access to two separate campaigns as well as a multitude of missions in single player and multiplayer platforms. The game will also feature a variety of environments, weapons, and vehicles that are all authentic to the era.
Players will fight as either the Germans or the Red Army to endure the unforgiving forces of the opposition all across Southern Poland. Both protagonists will begin their campaign as basic infantry, but as they progress through the war, they will be promoted to positions such as tank commanders and pilots and will have their very own troops to command.
[quote]The German objective is clear – consolidate and regroup the remaining troops, stop the Red Army’s advance at all cost, or at least slow it down. As a Red Army soldier, the task is less complex, but no less challenging: Break the resistance to enable an attack on Germany.[/quote]
The features are detailed in the text below
- Large-scale battles involving infantry, tanks and planes that re-enact a realistic development of the summer offensive of 1944
- Over 40 vehicles and planes, including the Königstiger, the Katyusha, the Focke-Wulf Fw-190 and the notorious Stuka
- Huge arsenal of authentic weapons, such as the Mauser Karabiner, the MP 40 and grenades, mines, etc.
- Tactical combat and commanding of troops and vehicles for a realistic “in the thick of it” feeling
- Advanced game systems, such as realistic damage models for tanks, destructible environment, hitching and unhitching artillery, etc.
- German and Russian campaign across eight missions, against an authentic backdrop
- Varied mission objectives and a thrilling story covering the final months of the war
- Extensive multiplayer capabilities, with cooperative and PvP battles
- Editor for creating your own missions
Iron Front Liberation 1944 will be a PC exclusive and will be available on May 25. Preorders will begin today and will be available here.