After a few weeks of unexplained phenomenons throughout Skyrim, Bethesda announced on their blog that they are to release the first, and much needed, patch this week. Skyrim’s version 1.2 update will address those noticeable performance issues that, though not taking away from the overall awesomeness of the game, have become somewhat of a nuisance.
Below is a list of the fixes featured in the 1.2 patch:
UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)
- Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
- Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
- Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
- Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
- Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
- Dragon corpses now clean up properly
- Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
- Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
- Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
- Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
- Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
- Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
- ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
- Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
- General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
The developers at Bethesda re-insure gamers that their cries for help haven’t, and will not, go unnoticed:
After releasing the 1.2 update, we will continue to monitor forums, blogs, etc. for issues you are reporting, and we will keep you updated on further updates to improve your gameplay experience.
The PS3 patch is already available for users in Europe and should be released in North America soon. XBOX360 and PC users will be able to download the patch this Wednesday, November 30.
Until we can all experience a glitch free Skyrim for ourselves, check out these hilarious bugs in the videos below.
[youtube id=”doBGglOUOiE” width=”600″ height=”350″]
[youtube id=”yBqKG8HF3zQ” width=”600″ height=”350″]
[Image courtesy of Bethesda]