Published on June 16th, 2011 | by Corey Philipp2
Update: Black Ops “Annihilation” Map Pack Officially Announced
Responding to the leaked information of the next COD DLC, Activision has officially announced the newest addition to the map packs today.
As I said in my original post below, the map pack will feature four multiplayer maps and one “Zombie” map. The details of the new maps are as follows:
- Hangar 18: Puts players in a medium sized map that takes place in the famous Area-51. Appealing to all types of gamers, Hangar 18 is fit for close quarter, as well as ranged confrontations.
- Silo: In this map, players battle it out in a Russian missile silo construction site. Being one of the largest maps with a labyrinth of paths and flanking routes, Silo will attract those players that prefer to take a quick and strategic approach to the fight.
- Drive In: Inspired by the Nuketown map, the developers at Treyarch have made the Drive In map to bring in more of the quick and very close quarter type of combat. Although the map is relatively small in size, Drive in will still accommodate various types of gameplay.
- Hazard: This map was influenced by the World At War map, Cliffside. Hazard will set players in a golf resort to resolve their differences in long-ranged combat. Hazard may well be the only map in Cod: Black Ops that is designed for long-ranged engagements. Although the map is a sniper’s paradise, there are areas in the map that are fit for medium-ranged engagements.
- Zombies!: The new Zombies map will throw four unfortunate souls in an all out fight for their lives at Shangri-La. Full of secrets and mystery, the map will challenge and also aid the players like no other Zombie map before. The map will feature new weapons, environments, and all new contraptions to assist players in their battle for survival. There will also be all new enemies and playable characters. The map is strategically set up with various escape apparatus’ that make for a quick and much needed mode of retreat when overrun by the hungry hoard of zombies. Players of this map are subject to much tighter quarters than before, leaving them to strategize as they are bombarded with a cluster of enemies in a very small area.
“Annihilation” map pack will be available on the XBOX Live Marketplace on June 28 via digital download. Although the price has not been revealed, I believe it is safe to say that it will be going for 1200 Microsoft Points ($15 USD). The release date for the PS3 and PC has yet to be revealed. Check out the videos of the maps below.
Check out the Zombies trailer below:
Originally leaked from a blurry photo posted on a COD fan site DigitalWarfare247, rumors of the next Call of Duty: Black Ops map pack have been revealed. The photo was supposedly snapped from a Gamestop flyer that has a significant resemblance to the advertisement for the previously released “Escalation”map pack.
All that is known so far about the “Annihilation” map pack is that it will feature four multiplayer maps and one “Zombies” map. What exactly these maps consist of is completely unknown at this point, but it sure is exciting to see a new “Zombies” map making it’s way to the game. The multiplayer map titles are as follows:
- Hangar 18
- Drive In
Although the details of the new map pack are still under wraps, (if the rumor is true and isn’t an absolute hoax), I am sure that fans of the Call of Duty series will not be disappointed when “Annihilation” is available for purchase via DLC on the June 28 rumored release date. Until then, I will keep you updated on details for the official announcement.